ServicesAs a Professor Organizer in Toronto, we design a maintainable plan to organize your files, edit out clutter, and maximize your space. Clients can learn new habits, reduce stress, and increase efficiency to create an ideal work environment where you can be highly productive. To get help now, call 647-710-1134 to schedule a free assessment. How It Stacks Up is happy to sign a Confidentiality Agreement at any point.
- Sort through, reduce, and file papers (on desk, floor, in boxes, etc.)
- Help with purging and reorganizing electronic files
- Create efficient paper or electronic filing system tailored to your needs
- Establish or work with existing electronic file retention/tracking system (help colleagues share knowledge)
- Hang awards, certificates, designations, degrees, framed photos
- Audit furniture set up, and make adjustments for efficiency
- Set up efficient office space for a new business
- Scan business cards and set up contact management system
- Establish secure and accessible personal filing system
- Set up reminder emails (birthdays, read articles, gym, subscription renewals, etc.)
- Help comply with company’s “Clean Desk” policy
MOVING AND UNPACKING
- Packing up offices for a smooth transition
- Changing offices
- Switching office floors
- Moving to new building, etc.
- Prepping office space for new employee
- Merging offices/companies
- Organize photos electronically (preserve corporate history)
- Deal with incoming email, projects, files, business cards
- Set up system to keep supplies, samples, and products organized
- Sort out how to artfully display and preserve collections and hobbies
IMPROVING OTHER SPACES IN THE OFFICE
- Declutter office supply room, storage room, or closet
- Track and store corporate art work
- Clean fridge, restock supplies, and make staff kitchen area welcoming
ORGANIZING ALTERNATIVE WORKSPACES
- If you frequently work on the road, or out of your vehicle, you’ll have different needs than an office worker
- How to deal with invoicing, filing, receipts, supplies, garbage, etc.
- Review systems quarterly, every 6-months, or annually
- Provide Maintenance Visits (3-hour session to clear any papers, file, readjust or tweak system, get process back up and running, etc.)
OFFERING SEMINARS, WORKSHOPS, LUNCH-AND-LEARN SESSIONS
Whether it’s a Brown Bag lunch, Lunch N’ Learn, workshop, or a special Human Resources-initiated presentation, help educate employees on how to maximize their efficiency and productivity in the office, while tamping down their stress levels.
Suggested potential topics are:
- A Professional Organizer Puts Your Office In Order
- 5 Ways to Optimize Your Desk
- Tips & Tricks to Stay Organized and Remain Productive
- 7 Ways to Organize Your Workspace
- Reset Your Work Life: Be Organized & Productive
- 10 Tips for Smart Filing
- Your Personal Work Style: How to Use it for Optimal Office Setup
- How a Cluttered Office Holds You Back: Tips & Tricks to Fix It
- Why Organizing is Key to Peaceful Working Life
- How to Spring Clean Your Office
- Employee Satisfaction: Why Organizing is Key to Profitability
- We will organize a clothing drive in your office, with donations picked up by the Canadian Diabetes Association (a free service). The clothing is then sold to Value Village, where proceeds go to support charities in Toronto.
- If you know of a Toronto-based charity or non-profit that needs help organizing, please email us your suggestion.
What Clients are Saying
We are busy running several associations and don’t have time to file. As a result, our offices ended up too littered with case file boxes, papers piled up, and publications scattered around to hold meetings.
Kathleen first transformed our offices, then overhauled our filing system, and then the storage room. My colleagues and I found her professional and conscientious. Our new offices are now a great space to meet members.
Richard Lyall, President and CEO, RESCON
From the moment Kathleen walked into my office, her nonjudgmental, and positive personality, put me at ease. That was 2007, and we’ve worked together many times since then, including in my home.
She arrives ready to work, and is incredibly organized and efficient. Her services are a great value for your money. She has a broad knowledge of the tools that help you to organize… we’re planning our next meeting.
Olga Luftig, Lawyer
Organizing an office overflowing with files can be a daunting task. Kathleen O’Brien is able to turn what would otherwise be a major ordeal into several manageable parts. Bring on the sticky notes!
Andy Manahan, Executive Director, Residential and Civil Construction Alliance of Ontario
After years of slowly accumulating paper, boxes, books, binders and supplies, my office needed serious help. Throughout the process, Kathleen helped me make decisions (keep or throw) and advised (and helped me obtain) special storage devices, organizational equipment, and supplies to facilitate the process. What I had left was streamlined, organized, and easy to find. She even reorganized the degrees and pictures on my walls. Throughout, Kathleen was pleasant, tireless and completely focused on the process. She has an absolute gift when it comes to organizing. I never would have done it without her help.
Senior Partner, major accounting firm, Toronto